Of course, you want to enjoy your favorite jewelry as long as possible. All the jewelry in our webshop is of good quality, but to ensure this quality, it is important that you take good care of it. Here are some tips!
Proper maintenance and usage rules for gold and silver jewelry:
- Protect the jewelry from scratches and dents.
- Do not let it come into contact with hard surfaces and preferably do not wear it over a hard floor.
- Take the jewelry off before exercising, doing housework or other rough work, and when sleeping or showering.
- Avoid contact of the jewelry with chemicals such as perfume, detergents and agents found in swimming pools.
- Avoid contact of pearls with cosmetics. Their beautiful shine and color are damaged by contact with make-up, hairspray and perfume.
- Do not clean jewelry with chemicals or polish them with a hard cloth.
- Use only lukewarm warm water, without chemical additives.
- Discoloration of pearls and silver is possible through normal use.
What is the best way to clean my jewelry?
- Gold and silver jewelry can be cleaned with a good jewelry cleaner that you can buy from the jeweler or goldsmith. You can also have your jewelry cleaned by the jeweler or goldsmith. You can also dip the jewelry yourself in a soapy water (e.g. green soap) from time to time. In it, gently brush the jewelry clean with a soft toothbrush. Then rinse the jewelry with lukewarm water and dry it with a flannel cloth.
- Silver can, due to sulfur compounds - easily turn black. Avoid sulphur-containing substances and chlorine.
- Titanium jewelry remains beautiful if it is dipped into a soapy water (e.g. green soap) from time to time. In it, gently brush the jewelry clean with a soft toothbrush. Afterward, rinse the jewelry with lukewarm water and dry it with a flannel cloth.
- Diamond and zirconia jewelry can become dull due to skin grease, soap, butter or oil. They lose their shine this way, while it is precisely that sparkle, that infinite play of light, that makes a diamond so irresistible. A diamond should therefore be cleaned on average once a month. Cleaning can be done as follows;- In a bowl, make warm suds with a mild, liquid detergent. Gently brush the diamond in this with a toothbrush. Then place it in a sieve and rinse under warm, running water. Then pat it dry with a soft, lint-free cloth.- Another household remedy for restoring diamond brilliance is a mixture of ammonia and water. Make a solution of equal amounts of cold water and ammonia. Place the jewelry with the diamond in it and let it soak for half an hour. Remove the jewelry and gently pat the front and back of the setting with a brush. Run it through the solution again and, without rinsing, let the diamond dry on a piece of paper.- Naturally, a diamond can also be cleaned with a good brand of liquid jewelry cleaner.