White silvery earrings, that shimmer and shine with each movement of the head: that's white gold earrings for you. Our handmade white gold earrings each and all are unique, and created with love and passion.
They are created to accentuate the beauty of your facial features.
All of the earrings you see on our website can be made in white gold. White gold can be the perfect choice for several of our designs.
We offer classic studs or hoops, but also striking drop earrings with diamonds, and modern earrings with a fierce design: have them created by DiamondsByMe in white gold. This is the perfect choice for someone who wants the quality gold has to offer, but who isn't that fond of the yellow colortone 'ordinary' gold has to offer.
Because earrings are worn so close to the face, it's important that it's color matches your skin tone. White gold earrings accentuate the beauty of people with a cool skin tone, whereas rose gold or yellow gold is a perfect match to those with a warm skintone.
The color of white gold
White gold is, like yellow gold, a genuine precious metal. Gold formed by nature solely is found in the well known yellow color. To create white gold extra materials need to be added to the yellow gold.This can be done two ways:
- by mixing yellow gold with other, more white alloys like palladium
- by rhodinating the gold. Rhodinating the gold means the goldsmith adds a small layer of rhodium to the surface of the gold jewel. Rhodium has a nice white tone. It will make the jewel more shiny, and it will have the silvery color that's typically white gold. You can compare this process to silver or gold plating.
White gold and platinum
It maybe hard for you to see the difference between silver, white gold and platinum. These precious metals in color are quite similar. However, there are some differences:
- white gold is more silvery looking, whereas platinum has a greyish colortone.
- White gold does not oxidase, whereas silver does sometimes, revealing black spots.
- The layer of rhodium on white gold may in time wear off, revealing the typical yellowish colortone underneath.
- Platinum will always remain its white and shiny self, if you take good care of it.
- Silver has a smaller density than white gold does, while the density of platinum is larger than that of white gold.
- Platinum is more expensive than white gold, silver is cheaper
One white gold earring
If you wear only one earring, or you have multiple piercings in which you like to wear unique, one-of-a-kind pieces, then it's possible you will not want to purchase two, but only one earring. That is no problem. We can easily create you a single white gold earring. Each set is made to order, and we do not keep stock. So it's easy for us to create a single earring. Naturally you will pay less for a single earring than for the complete set. To discuss the possibilities of a single earring, we invite you to contact us.
I have four piercings in my right ear, and only one in my left. For the upper three piercings I had DiamondsByMe create three single white gold earrings. They match each other beautifully, but they each have their own unique look. Each earring is shaped differently and when I turn my head they shimmer beautifully. By mixing and matching it seems I have different earrings each and every time I go out.
I was surprised how easy it was to design them myself, and even more so to learn about the fast production process DiamondsByMe offers. Nothing but praise from my side! Next to the small white gold earrings, looks like wearing drop earrings, and striking necklaces made of platinum.